Wednesday, August 26, 2026

My Top Five News Sources

 1. My mom

I don't typically watch the news on TV, which I feel is a good way to get information about current events, especially local news stations that give information about things happening in our nearby communities. However, my mom watches the local news every morning; if there's something happening or information that she thinks would be interesting or important to me, she tells me about it and keeps me updated. I also go to her first to ask questions on information that I've heard to see if she knows anything about it and can fact check it for me.


2. YouTube

If I want to know more about a topic or event happening in pop culture, I will typically go to YouTube first. I feel that YouTube videos can be more in-depth than a news article, and are more visually interesting to help me remember what I wanted to learn. I also go to YouTube if there is a news clip that I wanted to see or learn more about.


3. TikTok

As bad as this sounds, I usually get a lot of my updates or information about the world through TikTok. However, I will usually fact check anything that sounds a little too fabricated or suspicious, just to make sure that I'm not digesting false information all of the time.


4. CNN

If I need to look up information about a current event or something that's happening in the world, I will typically look for a CNN article about it. In my opinion, they are pretty straightforward and get to the point quicker than some other news outlets out there.


5. The New York Times

If I can't find a CNN article, I will usually try to then find a New York Times article, which typically is not difficult to find. I have found that I can usually trust that the stories and events in the New York Times are factual and reliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment